Stainless Steel Plate – Overview & Grades
Type 304 | Type 304L | Type 304H | Type 316 | Type 316L | Type 316H | Type 321 | Type 347 | Type 410 | UNS S32205 Duplex | UNS S32750 SuperDuplex | UNS S32760 SuperDuplex
Stainless steel plate is often referred to as "corrosion-resistant steel" – it does not stain, corrode or rust as easily as normal carbon steel. It would however be misleading to say it is corrosion-proof. It differs significantly from standard carbon steel due to the amount of chromium present, which limits surface corrosion unlike carbon steel which will rust when exposed to air and any moisture in the atmosphere. Due to its anti-oxidation qualities, stainless steel is often a popular solution.
Where low maintenance and corrosion resistance is required, stainless steel plates are a natural choice and are used in a diverse range of applications from modern architecture for cladding or fascias, to the food hygiene industry due to its anti-bacterial qualities. Masteel supplies stainless steel in a wide variety of grades and aesthetic finishes. There are many options available - for example adding carbon during the forming process will make the stainless steel more durable and stronger too. We can supply stainless steel in coils, sheets, plates and bars and ship the material worldwide.
Example Industrial Uses:
- Chemical and fuel tankers
- Chemical and petrochemical plants
- Food processing and pharmaceutical industries where clean environments are required
- Construction, modern architecture
- major stockholding
- global shipping
- variety of finishes available
- heat resistant qualities when specified
- quick turnaround
- accurate 'in-house' cutting and profiling service
- high quality steel from major European steel mills